Wendy Chua-Sullivan has over 16 years of experience as an educator for personal transformation, applying research from Psychology to help leaders and teams build resilience and achieve their goals despite challenges and setbacks.
Wendy’s approach to coaching high achievers to maximum performance has been presented to the 2002 International Congress of Applied Psychology. Her WAND approach emphasizes the use of relevant questions to facilitate awareness and ownership of goals; taking effective actions; acknowledgement; being neutral and non-judging; recognising individual differences; and making a difference.
Since 2006, Wendy has taught coaching skills to more than 800 officers in the Ministry of Defence, and more than 300 leaders in corporate organisations, inspiring them to develop their own personal mastery and their team’s. She has also developed a team of facilitators to deliver her programmes.
Wendy has an authentic style of communication that builds trust quickly with her clients. Her commitment to her clients’ achievement leads her to design relevant strategies with them.
She has written 22 books based on the Theory of Multiple Intelligences, and on developing resilience. Wendy was 938LIVE’s “Aunt Agony in the Living Room” and the advisor in Straits Time’s LifeLesson columns.
Wendy is married, with four children, and a volunteer for families-at-risk programmes.
Some Client Results:
- Coached bank’s Senior Vice-President to become more confident and competent in her presentations to Exco and the CEO, to build stronger relations across departments and to coach her team.
- Coached 62 leaders of oil and gas organisation inIndonesiato achieve breakthrough results through personal mastery and communicating more effectively with others.
- Designed 1-day “Make work meaningful” workshop for support staff of a hospital, to reaffirm their passion to serve and care. More than 300 have attended.
- Delivered keynote session to 300 managers of telecommunications organisation consumer group, on “Enhancing relationships”. All stayed engaged for the two-hour interactive lecture.
Areas of Expertise:
- Leadership Coaching
- Team Learning
- Mental Resilience
- Emotional Intelligence
- Work-life integration
- Inter-personal relations
- Founder, Wand Inspiration
- Staff Psychologist, McKinsey & Co.
- Author “Break to Dawn: New Challenges, New Commitments”
- School Psychologist, Raffles Institution
- Columnist, The Straits Times
- Author “All Kids R Gifted”, Marshall Cavendish
- Education Director, Ace Family Lifestyle
- B.A. (1st class Honours), Psychology,SimonFraserUniversity
- Certified cognitive coach, The National Centre for Teaching Thinking (Massachusetts)
- Certified in Myers Briggs Type Indicator
- Certified in TheLeadership Circle
- Board member, National Library Board